sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New Spell: nethack [games]

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • Cc: "'sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org '" <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New Spell: nethack [games]
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:00:29 -0400

bluebird AT optushome.com.au wrote:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 05:51:37PM -0400, nealbirch wrote:

Derber, Geoffrey wrote:

So am I supposed to include this in my section
(z-rejected), or should we wait on the games section
maintainer?

It was a lot of brain scratching to get it to work
right, I hate to see it go to waste.

I think this (Neal's spell) should go into the grimoire,
IIRC the only problem with it was that it copies
.nethackrc into all users home directories, as nethack
runs quite well without that file (it will just use the
defaults) could that be dropped and maybe replaced with a
message telling the admin where these file are ?

Dang that was it... I was going to put a CONFIGURE together... The program really needs to have .nethackrc and .Xdefaults in the users home directory, which is why I didn't. Personally, I don't see a thing wrong with the sysadmin copying something to a home directory, myself. Let me know, I'll change it if you want, but it's simpler the way I wrote it. Well, not simpler, nothing about that freaking thing is simple... more correct, maybe?

This really is a well written spell I'd hate to see it go
to waste. (and I love the game too...)

Thanks!

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"