sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New Spell: nethack [games]

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: "Derber, Geoffrey" <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.Edu>
  • Cc: "'Andrew Stitt '" <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>, "'sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org '" <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New Spell: nethack [games]
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:51:37 -0400

Derber, Geoffrey wrote:
So am I supposed to include this in my section (z-rejected), or should we
wait on the games section maintainer?

this is precompiled binary version of nethack, there exists a source
tarball but ive yet to figure out how to build it.

Hey buster, I wrote it and it never got in the grimoire.... here it is again. All spiffy and everything, even works with gcc-3.1!

Heck I don't know or care. Where's the games guru? It's compiled from source, it's gpl'd and I forget the nitpick he had with it. If it was a nitpick. I did it as an exercise in bash and spell writing, mainly, and the fact that I don't think any decent distro shouldn't have the latest nethack. bwaaa haa haa.

It was a lot of brain scratching to get it to work right, I hate to see it go to waste.

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"