sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New Spell: nethack [games]

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: bluebird AT optushome.com.au
  • To: "'sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org '" <sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]New Spell: nethack [games]
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:04:39 +1000

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 05:51:37PM -0400, nealbirch wrote:

> Derber, Geoffrey wrote:
>
> >So am I supposed to include this in my section
> >(z-rejected), or should we wait on the games section
> >maintainer?
>

> Heck I don't know or care. Where's the games guru? It's
> compiled from source, it's gpl'd and I forget the
> nitpick he had with it. If it was a nitpick. I did it as
> an exercise in bash and spell writing, mainly, and the
> fact that I don't think any decent distro shouldn't have
> the latest nethack. bwaaa haa haa.
>
> It was a lot of brain scratching to get it to work
> right, I hate to see it go to waste.

I think this (Neal's spell) should go into the grimoire,
IIRC the only problem with it was that it copies
.nethackrc into all users home directories, as nethack
runs quite well without that file (it will just use the
defaults) could that be dropped and maybe replaced with a
message telling the admin where these file are ?

This really is a well written spell I'd hate to see it go
to waste. (and I love the game too...)

Cheers

Joel

--
Sourcemage GNU/Linux /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic \_/ stop HTML mail and news