sm-security - Re: [SM-Security] [SM-Discuss] A few words about hardened grimoire

sm-security AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Security bugs are reported here via bugzilla

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-security <sm-security AT lists.ibiblio.org>, sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Security] [SM-Discuss] A few words about hardened grimoire
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:47:34 +0200

So the question is : do you want
some/all of these features in devel, and which ones ?

There are some problems with security/hardened patches. The big one is that usually they are not updated immediately with new version of applications. So you can choose up-to-date version of application or its stale version with security patch. Of course some users prefer new version another prefer "secure" version.
If we integrate these security features into normal grimoire we will have to add next VERSIONs into DETAILS of spells. Stable, devel, cvs and for example selinux version.
We need more developers for it. It is easy to add security patch to apllication once or twice. But keep them up-to-date and test them with all options it is a lot of work.

--
Got yourself a ledger.sourcemage.org account?
http://ledger.sourcemage.org/

Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer