sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pavel Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:25:55 -0500

Heh, sounds like a success story! Maybe put it on the website, eh, Vlad? :)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 05:18:58PM -0600, Kevin Monceaux wrote:
Mages,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 07:07:02PM -0600, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

Anyway, I have another cast running. I'll see how much of the install
queue can be cast without linux.

All spells were cast successfully!! I'm not sure how that happened with the
linux spell. The activity log shows every summon attempt failed for linux,
but I now find its sources in /var/spool/sorcery and it was cast
successfully. Though that cast resulted in version 3.4.51 being replaced
with version 3.4.

I used the chroot install method. The latest chroot image I found on the
web site was 0.61 grimoire based. So the sorcery rebuild resulted in
upgrading from 0.61 to 0.62-9. I have to say the stable grimoire is much
more stable than the last time I tries Source Mage. And the web site has
improved tremendously. It might be slow, but as an outsider looking in I
can definitely see that Source Mage is making progress.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.