sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:49:35 -0600

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 10:22:36AM -0600, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> I'm now trying the suggested sorcery rebuild and am seeing a lot of summon
> failures due to stable grimoire outdated spell versions.

Between the few spells I cast separately and the sorcery rebuild these are
the summon failures I encountered:

summon text-formattable 1.00 failure download failed
summon expat 2.1.0 failure download failed
summon zlib 1.2.8 failure download failed
summon libusb 1.0.19 failure download failed
summon net-tools 1.60 failure download failed
summon sysfsutils 2.1.0 failure download failed
summon libusb-compat 0.1.5 failure download failed
summon reiserfsprogs 3.6.21 failure download failed
summon gdisk 0.8.10 failure download failed
summon ppp 2.4.5 failure download failed
summon man 1.6g failure download failed
summon libaal 1.0.5 failure download failed
summon reiser4progs 1.0.7 failure download failed
summon linux 3.4 failure download failed

The only cast failures I saw during the sorcery rebuild were due to missing
sources. But those must have caused other spells to be skipped. After it
finished it left 82 spells in the install queue. It looks like the age of
some of the spells in the stable grimoire are starting to have a negative
impact on its stability.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.