sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Some Server Migration Progress!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Some Server Migration Progress!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 09:23:51 +0100

Hi,

about that new cheaper server … that kind of hardware/setup is it? I was
wondering why mediawiki.sourcemage.org is that darn slow. It's also
around a second after the initial loading of content that the style
sheet seems to be arriving and then the whole page changes. Stealth's
site is so much more snappy:-/ Wikipedia itself also is faster and I
don't see the late style arrival. What's the difference? Is
mediawiki.sourcemage.org under some DoS attack?

Note: I don't have JavaScript activated. Dunno if that catches the late
arrival of the CSS. The site would still be slow to respond.

Hm, the bug tracker also needs its time, but I have encountered other
bugzillas that also are not that responsive. So it indeed could just be
the very busy machine / uplink.

As David already said that he'd be glad about any progress:
Stealth: Are you alive?! Couldn't you find time to move things? How's
the software behind the site? I remember you writing about spells you
hacked for it.

Alrighty then,

Thomas