sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMTP server ideas

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMTP server ideas
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 16:08:08 +0300

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 13:49:55 -0600
Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org> wrote:

> On Feb 08, Vlad Glagolev [stealth AT tiberian.ru] wrote:
> > I also plan to write the small service which would generate a picture
> > with an email address accepting, let's say, base64 value of it for
> > input for GET request.
> >
> > Then we can use it on our developers[0] page to not publish raw
> > addresses for happy spam-bots.
>
> Consider me on the list of people that don't want this, or to change the
> email domain.

But I do not see any harm with hiding our real emails from crawlers.
Thogh, people will have to retype them letter by letter instead of
copy-and-pasting. And that's the only minus I see in the implementation.

> It is what it is, filtering is not that hard.

Then we should really start implementing this to keep at least 90% of
hard spam (with the highest score) away from the mail boxes, not
silently forwarding it.

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>