sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Updates on beta web site

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Updates on beta web site
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:13:38 +0300

Hello all!

Almost a month ago I began this inspiring work and by now it's around
90%-ready for the stage of being put on a vote. Thank you all for your
ideas, corrections, comments and "good job"s! It has changed a lot
since the first announcement.

You can see it here: http://beta.sourcemage.ru/

It's still work-in-progress, but as I said before -- almost all
important parts are documented to understand functional parts of the
distro and allow new users/developers not only to use it but to
contribute some code/docs too.

I invite Component Leads to overview the related sections of it.

Spellbook[0] is completed by now, describing build API and *all* spell
files as full as possible. The only left parts there are some
undocumented fields in DETAILS[1]. I hope I'll finish it pretty soon.
Other interesting massive pages completed lately include standards on
spells [2] with integrity checking standards[3]. Information for them
was combined from our wikis, manual pages and source code of our tools
(thanks it's extremely well-documented).

The most empty and unfinished section is Cauldron development. I'll
collect more time on the next week to combine what do we have now.

Almost all references to stale information were removed. Therefore all
notes about our Prometheus were removed. Also I tried to unify the urls
and split all pages into sections where possible.

You can check out the latest changes via RSS/Atom (actually it's Atom)
feed[4]. Subscribe and be in touch!

If you want to help on contribution, feel free to contact me on IRC or
via e-mail. You can either ask me to create an account there or simply
send the page content/correction via e-mail. Take a look at wanted[5]
page to understand which pages do really need contribution.

Thanks!

[0] http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Spell/Book
[1] http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Spell/Files/DETAILS#head-1-2
[2] http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Spell/Standards