sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devel-xorg-modular merging

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel-xorg-modular merging
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:25:26 -0400

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote:
Hi,

I set up a system from git devel-xorg-module branch and fixed several
things in the process, distributing commits between master and the
devel branch, assuming we want to keep the core xorg stuff only in the
latter. Should I merge from master to devel-xorg-modular right away to
import the fixes pushed to master only or do we have some kind of
process there?

AFAIK, there is no process here. Just merge master into devel-xorg-modular whenever you need to.

And last but not least ... we should get going to update xorg in the
normal grimoire.

I think we are all in agreement here, but, unless we abandon the idea of a clean upgrade path, I don't see it happening anytime soon.