sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] pentium-m arch + java.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • Cc: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] pentium-m arch + java.
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:42:05 -0600

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net> wrote:
> Is the icedtea downloading the prebuilt java gentoo to build the new java
> version?
>
> if not could it be the $SMGL_COMPAT_ARCHS[0] be causing the problem with
> the pentuim-m arch?
>
> maybe it needs a default to download the x86 version if all else fails?
>
> CuZnDragon

I downloaded the binary openjdk indicated by Sukneet, and it was
providing the segmentation fault as well. BTW, the icedtea binary
used to compile the source is actually downloaded and uncompressed...
When detecting if javac, it hangs...

Definitely related to architecture, but I don't have a clue why java
just seg faults and/or hangs. Some times, like when attempting to
cast antlr, it just seg faults, some times it seg faults and hangs.
But any binary versions I've tried seg faults and hangs just when
running "java -version". So java definitely gets broken on this
laptop with arch pentium-m/native-32.

Thanks,

--
Javier.