sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde-4.7

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde-4.7
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:28:49 +0200

On Wednesday 25 May 2011 15:30:54 Bor Kraljič wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 of May 2011 13:30:44 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> > As you may know, KDE has just released the first beta of kde-4.7.
> > There are many more tarballs for this release than for previous versions
> > of kde, as they correspond to the new split git repos.
> >
> > In particular, kdegraphics and and kdeedu have multiple modules. Also
> > kate and konsole now have a separate existence.
> >
> > I have some local spells for much of this, which build directly from
> > local git repos. I have been building these on a regular basis for some
> > time. I never pushed these spells, as they were intended for a rather
> > special usage case, however, they do have the relevent conflicts and
> > dependencies. I could now push this stuff to a new devel-kde-4.7 branch
> > as a starting point if someone else would like to add the SOURCE,
> > SOURCE_URL, SOURCEHASH entries which are currently absent.
> >
> > For example:
> > SPELL=marble
> >
> > SPELLX=kde-edu/$SPELL
> >
> > VERSION=master
> >
> > SOURCE_DIRECTORY="$BUILD_DIRECTORY/$SPELL-$VERSION"
> >
> > WEB_SITE=http://www.kde.org
> >
> > ENTERED=20110218
> >
> > # SECURITY_PATCH=1
> >
> > LICENSE[0]=GPL
> >
> > KEYWORDS="kde4"
> >
> > SHORT="a virtual globe for kde4"
> >
> > cat << EOF
> > a virtual globe fro kde
> > EOF
> >

> > $ ls kde4-graphics/
> > FUNCTIONS kcolorchooser kdegraphics-strigi-analyzer ksaneplugin
> > libkexiv2 libkmap skanlite
> > gwenview KDE_CONFIGURE kgamma ksnapshot
> > libkface libksane svgpart
> > kamera KDE_DEPENDS kolourpaint libkdcraw
> > libkipi okular
> >
> > $ ls kde4-edu/
> > cantor kalgebra KDE_CONFIGURE kmplot libkdeedu rocs
> > FUNCTIONS kalzium KDE_DEPENDS kstars marble step
> >

> > Any thoughts?
>
> Branches are cheap! And this will absolutly help the person who will make
> spells for stable releases. (That guy will probably be me :) )
>
> I say push the branch. Sharing the code can't hurt!

I have now pushed this branch. most of the new spells lack a sourcehash, but
they seem to download ok. I cast a couple of them as a test.

In all cases my original spells installed correctly, and I have been running
the system for some time.
s$ git reflog
12fd0da HEAD@{0}: commit: new spell - kde4-apps/calligra
5ee1a5b HEAD@{1}: commit: kde4-graphics - functions
7ed1510 HEAD@{2}: commit: kde4-edu - functions
5e16bfe HEAD@{3}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/svgpart
22b0454 HEAD@{4}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/skanlite
80a427b HEAD@{5}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/okular
16cf4f6 HEAD@{6}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/libksane
b77e2db HEAD@{7}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/libkmap
5bbaa22 HEAD@{8}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/libkipi
021280e HEAD@{9}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/libkface
68887a2 HEAD@{10}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/libkexiv2
0038aa3 HEAD@{11}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/libkdcraw
cece2f3 HEAD@{12}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/ksnapshot
1e60bca HEAD@{13}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/ksaneplugin
6af31ec HEAD@{14}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/kolourpaint
8f0c541 HEAD@{15}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/kgamma
d75c28a HEAD@{16}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/kdegraphics-strigi-
analyzer
1d92608 HEAD@{17}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/kcolorchooser
2f2f996 HEAD@{18}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/kamera
6ce5bb7 HEAD@{19}: commit: new spell - kde4-graphics/gwenview
6e37e17 HEAD@{20}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/step
e6752ef HEAD@{21}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/rocs
e4e495d HEAD@{22}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/marble
9907658 HEAD@{23}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/libkdeedu
02ce001 HEAD@{24}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/kstars
c3b7ea0 HEAD@{25}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/kmplot
7f2fb22 HEAD@{26}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/kalzium
28587bf HEAD@{27}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/kalgebra
df7c70a HEAD@{28}: commit: new spell - kde4-edu/cantor
b42d74f HEAD@{29}: commit: new spell - kde4/konsole
fda835f HEAD@{30}: commit: new spell - kde4/kate

This branch is based on the latest master branch. Beware of potential
conflicts
in the kde4 section if you merge master in future.

Regards, Treeve