sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] public git repos

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] public git repos
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:47:40 -0500

Most of you have heard me ask that you not encourage external sites or
non-devs to pull from our git repos because the primary site has capped
bandwidth. Some of you have even listened. ;-P

I have been working on public git repos for a while, the main issue has
been that not all of our mirror sites will host git://, and I really try to
avoid doing protocol one-offs. We haven't always used git, we may not use
it forever, though obviously we're pretty invested in it.

Anyway, I finally just went ahead and setup git.download.sourcemage.org for
those mirrors that can do git. These are readonly and are updated hourly
from our scm master. These can be public and used by anybody*.

git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/cauldron.git
git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.git
git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/sorcery.git

git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire/binary.git
git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire/games.git

git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/misc/castfs.git

etc.

If you see anything wrong with them let me know. I may start restricting
access to git://scm.sourcemage.org/ now since the only "legit" use case is
really developers reading from that before writing to ssh://, and I'm not
sure if anyone is actually doing that.

*I would rather they not show up in sorcery as defaults... I still prefer
that to be git over http so it can hit any of our mirrors. I'll try to get
back to making that all work soon.