sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead vote for 2010

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Lead vote for 2010
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:28:32 -0500

On Apr 08, Ladislav Hagara [ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz] wrote:
> I would make stable-rc grimoire standard one again. Users could scribe it
> and we support it all time.

Why? We dropped it because it was really created as an RC for the point in
time stable releases, and maintaining it all the time was confusing people
and creating extra work.

> Todays stable-rc creation is great but after stable release we abandon
> it. Users have to scribe from stable-rc to stable and vice versa.

This is a valid point but we could easily fix it by just linking stable to
stable-rc on the server whenever stable-rc isn't active. So people who
wanted to always use stable-rc if it was there would be able to by just
setting it up once.