sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] public git repos

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] public git repos
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:27:17 +0200

Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org> schrieb:

> Most of you have heard me ask that you not encourage external sites or
> non-devs to pull from our git repos because the primary site has capped
> bandwidth. Some of you have even listened. ;-P
>
> I have been working on public git repos for a while, the main issue has
> been that not all of our mirror sites will host git://, and I really try to
> avoid doing protocol one-offs. We haven't always used git, we may not use
> it forever, though obviously we're pretty invested in it.
>
> Anyway, I finally just went ahead and setup git.download.sourcemage.org for
> those mirrors that can do git. These are readonly and are updated hourly
> from our scm master. These can be public and used by anybody*.
>

> git://git.download.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.git

Since i'm only an occasional developer i'd like to always pull from the
mirrors and post to ssh. This would only make sense when the mirrors
would be quite recent. What could the expected timeframe be?

And before i look it up and since it might be interesting for others:
What to put into .git/config to pull and push on different locations.
Someone already has an example?

Thanks and Kind Regards
- Robert Figura

--
/* mandlsig.c 0.42 (c) by Robert Figura */
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,\nt>neo.ckgel-t\