sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Castfs usage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Castfs usage
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:37:58 +0100

On Thursday 26 of November 2009 13:25:59 Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> I've been using castfs myself for a long time and had no problems in
> ages. What's more spells can stop relying on install_config_file since
> sorcery now manages this itself if it's listed in configs.
Sorcery had file filters like configs for a long time. I don't know if
install_config_file is older, but it doesn't really matter. It is a nice
shortcut for marking a file as a config and is certainly more readable than
having a separate line in configs and one in INSTALL for the copying part.

> My proposal is do make castfs a requirement for sorcery now where
> possible. I know there's some 6 or 7 spells that still can't use it but
> everything else so far has.
What would be the gain of this requirement?

> Also dmlb2000 proposed unison-fuse as a castfs replacement. I'm
> wondering if anyone else looked at it yet?
At the time of the proposal, it was said that unionfs-fuse does not support
root mounts.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org