sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Castfs usage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Castfs usage
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:28:09 +0100 (CET)

:2009-11-26T14:37:Jaka Kranjc:

> > Also dmlb2000 proposed unison-fuse as a castfs replacement. I'm
> > wondering if anyone else looked at it yet?
> At the time of the proposal, it was said that unionfs-fuse does not support
> root mounts.

Well I just gave it a shot
replaced the two calls to castfs with unionfs:
unionfs -o cow ${STAGE_DIRECTORY}/TRANSL=RW:/=RO ${STAGE_DIRECTORY}/MOUNT

And one before for the test mount. That's all the changes I made and I
am able to cast using unionfs. It has a problem with gather docs and it
doesn't ignore some files/paths but I'll work on that - or am as soon as
I iron out some details with lynxlynxlynx.

If nothing else atleast it'll be another option for staging. And this
one not reliant on someone from Source Mage to maintain and support.

As to the root mounts not support it's meant for the mount point being /
But that is also fixed in their repository.

Regards

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Show them the ropes and soon they've used that rope to build a bridge to
their future.