sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc-0.37 cut and ready for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc-0.37 cut and ready for testing
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:45:08 +0200

Excerpts from Eric Sandall's message of Thu Oct 01 20:31:50 +0200 2009:

> Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > stable-rc 0.37 is cut and ready for testing. There's the usual wiki
> > page[0] for those who want to help testing.
> >
> > The release will be done on October 15th, unless some things are not
> > ready at that date. I'm especially unsure about the whole Gnome update.
> > Does anyone know the exact state of those updates? Are they complete?
> > I'll definitely do a test cast of gnome2 in a chroot to look for any
> > obvious breakage.
> >
> > Tarballs have been created and should be on the mirrors soon.
> > I'm working on the x86 chroot, will probably be available tomorrow.
> > Volunteers for a x86_64 chroot are welcome.
> >
> > As always don't forget to file any bugs against our bug tracker[1] so we
> > can fix and integrate any bugs/issues.
> >
> > Let's give this new stable-rc a good testing!
> >
> > [0] http://sourcemage.org/Stable-0.37
> > [1] http://bugs.sourcemage.org
>
> You'll definitely want to revert the GNOME updates, including hal,
> consolekit, and policykit updates. None of my machines have successfully
> applied all of them and those that I've let update are now unstable.

I feared that was the case, that'll be quite some work to find them all
again... This work really should have been on a branch, not on master.
I'll see what I can do, help is very welcome. Just push reverts of
problematic updates to stable-rc, and when we have an overall state we
think could work, I'll generate a new tarball.

> You may also want to revert the texlive changes as people are still
> having upgrade issues with those.

Noted, thanks.

http://www.sourcemage.org