sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc-0.37 cut and ready for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc-0.37 cut and ready for testing
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 10:24:45 -0500

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:21:30 +0200 (CEST)
Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net> wrote:

> :2009-10-03T23:20:Ladislav Hagara:
>

> > I don't think some branch could help. Even previously I had always
>
> A branch helps if people that want to use the relevant component
> actually do so. Not just watch what other people do.

I think that is the point. Those branches are put out there, but
really not used, so in most cases we are fooling ourselves if we think
they are accomplishing much of anything beyond one developer testing a
spell or spells and putting them into test. Not saying it is right,
but it is what it is.

> > Seems branch didn't help.
>
> As I couldn't cast tetex to actually verify the deprecation that is
> really the only thing that wasn't tested. Though I did find a box that
> still had it installed and with the fixes sandalle provided it worked
> like a charm. The branch helped with a lot of other things that
> wouldn't really be workable in test though. And the branch was around
> for a while but other than chp and myself I don't recall anyone else
> playing with it.

See above.

--
George Sherwood