sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Developer Role Call

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Developer Role Call
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:32:03 -0600

On Jan 29, Elisamuel Resto [samuel AT dragonboricua.net] wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:12:21 -0400, Elisamuel Resto wrote:
> > I saw that some Lead Developers did not vote in the last two votes
> > called, and thus, were removed from Lead Developer status as-per our
> > policy. What's more, I saw that not many General Developers participate
> > this time around either!
> </snip>
>
> Something I was asked and want to note: this is by no means an official
> removal check, I am allowed to poll and research... it can be considered
> as part of Tome in a sense, since we get to keep tabs on the developer
> lists and others, BUT, I am simply polling and filtering it to then
> inform the PL or his assistant of the results. He's the one that has the
> final say.

What people say they are up to isn't really relevant to what's defined as
policy. What is relevant is if they have done work or not. The removal
votes are automatic as far as when they should happen; less automatic as
far as when they do happen.

What people say they are up to is relevant in how people choose to vote
when those removals are called, but the PL has no more vote than anyone
else in that regard. The PL isn't even the one that has to raise the issue
of the vote, anyone that notices the time can, though by the same token
anyone who is aware of activity that occured inside the window can
challenge that.