sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL Wiki Theme Proposal from Jucato

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juan Carlos Torres <jucato AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL Wiki Theme Proposal from Jucato
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:00:31 +0800

(Resending, because of a bad signature, plus an additional comment)

Greetings mages!

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. Not being a professional web

designer (yet?), I appreciate all the feedback. Pardon me if I answer all

replies in one mail.

1. Background color of main content area: I've changed it to black over

#E0E0E0. ruskie and flux_control seem to be amenable to it. (On another color-

related note, flux mentioned that the text color for the search buttons are

unreadable, so I'll have to fix that as well).

2. Font sizes: I used em's, not pt's, but not %'s either. I thought em's was

more preferred (by the w3c)? I could change that as well if that's not the

case. (Going to wait for replies on this one).

3. Visited links color: of course I intended to do that, but forgot to

somewhere along the road. :P

4. Underlined links: Normally, I agree with this (although my own website

doesn't look that way), but wikis, specially MoinMoin, seem to be an

exception. My reason is that links in MoinMoin are tricky.

Developer_Organization is different from Developer Organization. But with

underlined links, they look the same, which may lead to some confusion if

links are typed in manually. I temporarily changed the setting in my demo site

to illustrate the point. Also, it seems that MoinMoin defaults to no underline

for links, perhaps for the same reason.

5. Stationary header and sidebar: I'm not so sure on this one. Smells too much

like frames/frameset of ages past :) though of course it can be done in

standards-compliant ways. I'm just not so sure about it. (I'm referring to XHTML 1.0 and 1.1, but if it's decided to use frames, then no problem with HTML 4).

I think that covers most of the replies. :)

Regards,

Juan Carlos G. Torres

Jucato

1024D/6F507597