sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] proxy email from flux_control about test6 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] proxy email from flux_control about test6 iso
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:52:54 +0100 (CET)

:2009-01-14T20:31:Ladislav Hagara:

Btw, after installation there is still missing /etc/network/interfaces.
What is the problem with file:
-
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
-
Users will be happy and admins can change it.

I'm going to note that we never set up the networking for them in the
past.

In the past we had our "netconf" so configuration of network was very
easy also for users, not now.

The only thing we should provide is:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Since things might need it...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.