sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GTK+2 UPDATE REVERTED

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GTK+2 UPDATE REVERTED
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:24:44 -0500

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:15:49 +0400
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org> wrote:

> <offtopic>
> > Please don't accuse me of stuff you have no idea apart. It is
> > really immature.
>
> You wouldn't say this then:
> [16:14'33] p3pilot> and that is great stuff and we have a much better
> understand of the problem you are seeing

Maybe this is a language problem because I don't see how that implies
that I didn't read the information that you provided. As a matter of
fact I was implying that I did and it helped to better our
understanding of the problem.

> > How long have you been a devel?
>
> You mean a dev? It'll be a year on 4th Nov, but as a pro smgl user
> I've been since 2003.
>
> > What give you the idea that you are correct about everything
>
> Nothing, I'm correct only about the things I prove.

This is far far from proved. You have elected to take the side of the
xorg developers and decide that what they presented is fact even when it
should be clear this problem isn't nearly as widespread as you have
made it out to be now. I don't see this issue and no other SMGL dev
has reported the issue. If it was really purely the expensive of that
function call this would be much more widespread.

> > and made you a Lead Developer or SL?
>
> Nothing again. But if you don't research the problem, that doesn't
> mean everyone else will follow your way.

But just because you have researched and found a possible cause, you
don't make all the decisions for this distro unilaterally. If you have
an issue on your computer roll back on your computer and bring the
issue up for discussions. This is the way it has worked for this
distro for 5 years I have been involved as a dev, and lead dev. Broke
for you does not mean broke for the distro.

George