sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] www.sourcemage.org

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] www.sourcemage.org
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:24:28 -0500

Quoting David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:

Jaka Kranjc wrote:
On Sunday 16 of March 2008 22:06:43 David Kowis wrote:
You have until Sunday, June 15th 2008 to move your stuff.
Can you get us a list of all the content in it? Something like a linked
site map, so we can put it in the wiki and systematically check if
anything has yet to be transfered.
I cannot. I don't know how to provide something like that for drupal. If
someone can provide me the code or a module that will do it, I'll
consider trying to get that in there.

However, I'm not sure that there's that much useful information in
there. Most of our useful developer information is on the wiki. it might
be better not to transfer the old, decrepit data from there, but only
the useful nuggets. Unfortunately it will require sifting through lots
of useless data :(

There's no good solution to this, so I'm open to options as long as they
don't require a great deal of effort to enact.
Drupal has the pages stored in a database? Even if it is not in plaintext in some dir, the content of the pages or the titles should be easily queried out. We don't need much more than that.

Another option would be to give some people write permissions on drupal and then they can delete pages as they find/compare them.

it won't be that simple, Drupal's database isn't as straight-forward as that:

Story pages:
mysql> select count(*) from node where type = "story";
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 405 |
+----------+

Forum nodes:
mysql> select count(*) from node where type = "forum";
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 1090 |
+----------+

Here's the comments that exist on the forum:
mysql> select count(*) from comments where nid in (select nid from node
where type = "forum");
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 4441 |
+----------+

That's 1090 topics with 4441 comments. I can produce a url list that
contains all 1090 topics. Then you can delete them from that list as
they're deemed unuseful. Will that be sufficient?

I'm not willing to turn on anything in drupal, as it's insecure...

I've attached a textfile of all the topics that are the forum headers.
Feel free to organize some effort to make it happen :)
A git repo would probably work best so that you don't have mid-air
collisions. A wiki page would probably work too.

Here's the list of all the story pages.

Have fun :D

--
David Kowis