sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Leaving for Good.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Leaving for Good.
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:03:21 +0200

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 03:36:28 David Brown wrote:
> Over the past couple of years I've realized that my priorities have
> changed. I've not had enough time to put into Source Mage that its
> demanded and I just don't have the energy to continue being in my
> current position in Source Mage. I've been one of the people
> responsible for having a short quorum on the last election and I'm
> guilty of missing several elections before that. I've gotten to the
> point where I understand a lot about other distributions and how
> they've solved various problems and reinventing the wheel in Source
> Mage is getting tired.
>
> Say what you want about how legitimate my excuses are, its very plain
> and simple, If you have the passion for doing something you'll
> continue to make time to do it. I've lost the passion somewhere and
> I'd rather not continue to pretend like I still have it.
>
> Thanks for teaching me about Linux.
>
> - David Brown

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but you're the one who knows what you
want and what's best for you. I wish you success in your future FOSS
projects, and I hope that your contributions to them will be as valuable as
you've been to Source Mage.

You say that you've grown to understand other distributions better than
before. I have no doubt that you have, and I'm hoping you could tell us about
some of your insights. How and in which areas do you see Source Mage
reinventing the wheel? What are the biggest problems as you perceive them?

Oh, and if you still have that python proof-of-concept concept code for
CastFS
I'd love to see it. :) (Or were you still just planning it when we last
talked?)

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]