sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5 going into test?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5 going into test?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:38:42 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 02:24:18PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> On Jun 13, Ladislav Hagara [ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz] wrote:
> > When we had devel grimoire it was much easier (scribe add devel; cast
> > glibc).
>
> We didn't provide a devel tarball so that wouldn't have worked (I know
> there was one at one time, but it was gone by the time I started and the
> last couple of years on p4). People that used devel used it from their p4
> checkouts, or someone had to provide a devel tarball for those without p4
> access.

We actually did provide a normal devel grimoire some time, but that was
a very long time ago. Back then we decided that it did more harm than
good because people tend to use the most current stuff available by
normal means, and devel grimoire is known to be broken at times.

> The situation isn't that different now, people can use devel/WIP stuff
> >from git branch checkouts, or else someone would have to provide a devel
> tarball for people who don't want to get their own branches from git.

Is there a way to anonymously get the grimoire via git? That was the
main gripe people had with p4, that interested outsiders couldn't
download devel at all due to p4 being limited to devs.

http://www.sourcemage.org