sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5 going into test?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5 going into test?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:38:43 -0700

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
<snip>
> They're missing a current inotify kernel header.
> Overall they are from some really old kernel. I'm currently
> experimenting with vanilla kernel headers installed to
> /usr/include/{linux,asm}. So far I've had to do two tiny syscall
> patches, other than that everything works. I just need to add the
> headers to the glibc spell, then I'll publish the branch.

Have you looked into moving the kernel headers outside of glibc, or have
glibc using whatever is in /usr/src/linux to generate its headers,
rather than having us generate a tarball of headers? That way we won't
have to worry about the headers getting old as the linux spell (or the
user's kernel updates, if they don't use the spell) keeps them up-to-date.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285