sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5 going into test?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.5 going into test?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:57:40 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:51:19AM +0200, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 of June 2007 10:36:14 Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> > On 10:33:31 2007-06-13 Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
> > > How many of us have been running glibc 2.5? Experiences? I've had it
> > > for two months now, without any apparent issues. IIRC Robin and Andraž
> > > have been running it for even longer.
> > >
> > > If anyone else wants to try it, it is available in the devel branch. If
> > > anyone has trouble with that, I can push my local glibc branch too. :P
> > >
> > > Unless someone posts something negative about it, I will integrate it
> > > to test next week.
> >
> > I've been running it since treeve posted the spell(on all my boxen).
> > I hod 0 issues other than the kernel headers in the spell being outdated
> > which I think arwed is trying to solve...
> What's with these kernel headers? Treeve and I had no trouble with them.

They're missing a current inotify kernel header.
Overall they are from some really old kernel. I'm currently
experimenting with vanilla kernel headers installed to
/usr/include/{linux,asm}. So far I've had to do two tiny syscall
patches, other than that everything works. I just need to add the
headers to the glibc spell, then I'll publish the branch.

http://www.sourcemage.org