sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:16:23 -0600

On Jan 28, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT t.armory.com] wrote:
> With 0.6 out the door its time to move forward with 0.7. The good news
> is this release should be much easier since theres only a few weeks
> worth of changes. Theres is some business to take care of moving forward.

I am going to try again today to get the git repositories merged; I will
cut stable-rc-0.7 late tonight or early tomorrow morning regardless.

> I want to brainstorm on how to improve things. What went well with
> 0.6? What could be improved?

The places we got held up were:
- people being gone and forgetting to mark their Xes
- getting sufficient testers for some of the more major changes

The suggestion to add a column to count successful casts of each
spell is a good one for both of these, I think. Beyond that I'd ask
everyone who signs up to please make sure your stuff is covered if you have
to leave for a while near the release date. For more testing of the big
stuff we're probably still stuck with only a few people that have hardware
resources to really test these.

> Moving forward, to get things started, we will need a new wiki page,
> and a new chroot to test with. I suggest we simply upgrade the previous
> one rather than creating one fresh. An upgraded chroot will be closer
> to what a user will have. We probably already have one since I think
> a few people tested upgrades.

Well, I did upgrades from 0.9.6 install to stable-0.4 to stable-0.6. I
have those images; they're from a xen domU build, I'm not sure if they'd be
completely useful as chroots or not. Also they are completely minimalist
builds.