sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-archspecs-0.7

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-archspecs-0.7
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:32:38 +0100

Am Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:53:16 -0600
schrieb Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>:

> I don't see a problem with the changes below as long as changes are made
> to any spell that the missing flags would cause degradation in the use
> of the program.

Well, naturally I don't know all the spells could be affected in a negative
way.
On the -m64 issue it was noted that it a) may hurt (in future) b) without it
some spells that won't work for 64 bit may not fail during configure but
later.
I don't think that the second one is a major prob, since it doesn't mean
breaking anything that otherwise would work.

As for the dropped extra flags, there _may_ be spells that try to grep CFLAGS
for them - I'll do a search for them and have a look.

So, I am going to do what is said, fix spells (that for example should use
SMGL_COMPAT_ARCHS instead of grepping for -m64) and commit a new archspecs to
test.
I still would like to see the option to integrate them to stable-rc, but if
the testing goes fine with the old ones, then one can just leave them for
this stable.
I just cannot claim to have no bugs filed against them...

Thomas.