sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Project Lead
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:29:18 -0800

I just noticed a problem (easily rectifiable). Since the incumbant lead
is running, he shouldn't count the votes himself due to privacy concerns
(he shouldn't know who voted for him). Normally his assistant (Jeremy)
would count the votes, but Jeremy is also a nominee, and therefore also
inelligable. So, as I understand it, Eric needs to pick another assistant
to count the votes. It can any general or lead developer according to
our org doc[0].

Just to be clear, this wouldnt be because of potential for
vote-tampering. Our signed voting procedure with hashes allows
auditing. Although I cant find a page that documents it...Im sure its
on the ML, so all is not lost.

-Andrew

[0] http://www.sourcemage.org/DeveloperOrganization