sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] grimoire qa random facts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] grimoire qa random facts
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:05:42 -0700

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 04:08:45PM +0200, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 October 2006 17:13, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > I heard in an another thread that current stable-rc is obsolete and will
> > be soon erased by the current test. Some are these integration requests
> > not useless ?
> Isn't this the standard procedure? Or do you mean regeneration? If so then
> yes, this has been the solution before too. If we get a new stable-rc
> before
> the new stable, it is all fixed. But longterm I don't see this as a good
> tactic as it basically renders most of our troubles with flagging useless.

In this particular situation i think a new stable-rc will get created
from test without pushing it down to stable. Originally we were waiting
for the p4 history merge with git, but that hasnt happened. Jeremy did
give a go-ahead signal to not wait for him for the next stable. However
no other progress has been made towards this yet. It would be good to
get things going again.

As for flagging, the flags were thought of in the context of regular and
fairly short (2 to 4 week) grimoire release cycles. So there wouldn't
ever be very many of them for very long. We haven't exactly had a short
or regular grimoire release cycle (or any release cycle like we had
planned). So now they're piling up. There was also a long period where
no one did anything with approving them, which also led to that.

So, if we can get the grimoire release cycle on track it will aleviate
the "flagging woes".

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |