sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] grimoire qa random facts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] grimoire qa random facts
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:54:09 +0200

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 02:50, David Kowis wrote:
> That's assuming we are cleaning out the integration requests before
> starting the contest... I, personally, would.
A bit OT, sandalle has been diligently gatekeeping the last few days. Very
nice Eric!
I'd clean it them too if it is possible, otherwise it will be hard to search
for bugs that are not already fixed (see below).

we're now at 52 bugs pending integrations and 226 bugs pending gatekeeper
review. This is quite an improvement since two months ago [0], when the
numbers were 14 and 182. The total count has slightly increased though and
those 278 fixes are only in test atm.

(the reply has grown too much off-topic, so I branched it)

emrys: anything new with the git transition? Should integrations still be
avoided?

This is also a major problem:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-October/015541.html
without this resolved, we can't easily give people a quickfix bugs link,
since
we cannot exclude the already fixed ones. Such an initiative proved useful at
the last release.
Not to mention it affects gurus the most.

And with the new release, we can archive the old stable as emrys suggested in
the graveyard thread and do some healthy pruning. This would also improve the
grimoire quality. :) And if we're throwing stable away, I don't see how the
stable-only integrations would mess with git history.

I have also plans [1] to someday utilise something like
http://www.commit-digest.org/issues/2006-10-15/statistics/ for us. I think
this would not only also stimulate fixing like the suggested contest, but
would also give a nice weekly overview. That digest in particular is
generated from bugzilla data at https://bugs.kde.org/weekly-bug-summary.cgi
(which is a nice summary in itself). I've been directed to the scripts behind
it and the bugzilla part of the commit-digest (this previous link) should
work, the commit not, as they use svn (and i didn't get that code either).

[0] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-August/015188.html
[1] will file a bug sometime
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org