sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Spell . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Spell . . .
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:30:45 -0700

There is an issue with the apache2 spell (and maybe the apache22 spell,
though
I haven't checked) that I wanted to present for possible solutions. It seems
the configure script pretty much ignores any setting of --prefix (and related
options) and will only use settings defined in config.layout. Currently the
spell is set to use the layout of GNU, and that puts everything in /usr/local
(not specifying a layout seems to be pretty close to the same as specifying
GNU). There isn't a perfect layout choice which maps directly with where we
install files by default.

There are two options, as I see it:
1) Use the Debian layout instead, which is the closest to how we do it, of
the options already available.
2) Create a patch where I define a new layout that is exactly how we do it,
then set the spell to use that layout.

Is it acceptable enough to use the Debian layout, or should I create a
SourceMage (LSB?) layout? Here is the definition of the Debian layout (if
you want to see what other layouts are available, see the config.layout file
in the root directory of the source):

# Debian layout
<Layout Debian>
prefix:
exec_prefix: ${prefix}/usr
bindir: ${exec_prefix}/bin
sbindir: ${exec_prefix}/sbin
libdir: ${exec_prefix}/lib
libexecdir: ${exec_prefix}/lib/apache2/modules
mandir: ${exec_prefix}/share/man
sysconfdir: ${prefix}/etc/apache2
datadir: ${exec_prefix}/share/apache2
iconsdir: ${datadir}/icons
htdocsdir: ${prefix}/usr/share/apache2/default-site/htdocs
manualdir: ${htdocsdir}/manual
cgidir: ${prefix}/usr/lib/cgi-bin
includedir: ${exec_prefix}/include/apache2
localstatedir: ${prefix}/var/run
runtimedir: ${prefix}/var/run
logfiledir: ${prefix}/var/log/apache2
proxycachedir: ${prefix}/var/cache/apache2/proxy
infodir: ${exec_prefix}/share/info
installbuilddir: ${prefix}/etc/apache2/build
errordir: ${datadir}/error
</Layout>

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.