sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] git feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John Harding <johnh AT kuberaconsulting.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] git feedback
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:53:22 -0500

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
Hi everyone,

we've all been using git for some time now, and I'd like to get a little
feedback. Not so much about specific issues, though you are welcome to
ask about them anyway ;), but more some general feeling like "if we have
to use git, I'll leave smgl development" or "git will lead to world
peace". Technically I think it can do everything we need it to do,
though it'll probably need a few wrapper scripts to make some use-cases
easier.

Works for my limited use cases. I would like to be able to fix the problem I have with it having fatal merges or some such, but that's only in test so far. And, yes, I've installed rcs and yes I've read all the discussions recently but none of it worked for me. None of my problems are serious enough not to do git.

John