sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire bug ownership (help needed fixing known bugs) and release engineering integrators (help needed keeping up with guru fixes)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire bug ownership (help needed fixing known bugs) and release engineering integrators (help needed keeping up with guru fixes)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:06:11 -0700

I compiled a list of bugs in stable grimoire that are owned
by certain people/maintainers/sections (last week or so):

124 grimoire/sm-grimoire-bugs/smgl
90 unet/audio
81 sergey/collab/http/php-pear
73 vydra/crypto
63 robin/gnome
61 doc
50 x11
46 devel
45 MatthewClark/net
41 libs
40 graphics/disk
38 utils
26 video
26 dkowis/mail
25 perl-cpan
23 java
22 display
19 windowmanagers
19 editors
16 seth
16 ftp
15 mobile
14 database
14 chat
13 science
13 php-pear
13 kernels
13 archive
12 shell-term-fm
7 cluster
6 printer
6 ham
5 v.merkatz
3 kde
3 jblosser-smgl
3 i18n
2 xfce
2 news
2 eric
1 z-rejected
1 sm-sorcery-bugs
1 cauldron

We have a lot of known bugs in stable grimoire just laying around. Some
might already be fixed in branch, but certain sections could probably
use some special help. The three I'm thinking of are:

audio
http
crypto.

Furthermore, if anybody wants to volunteer to help fix known bugs (you
don't even have to find them!), please chime in! I'm mostly concerned
about "low hanging fruit" here. If there's a bug you can't figure out,
don't worry about it, that's my job!

Also, we need people who may not be the best "coders" to help out with
release engineering. The way it works is that you don't even have to
code, you just use git to integrate things (we'll start with stable-rc
access for most people and you may move up to stable access once you've
shown to be consistent). If you think you can cherry-pick fixes well
and are pretty good with SCMs, feel free to talk to me about it. We
recognize that not all people can "script" well, but some people are
inclined to be able to pay attention to detail anyways while being
reliable. If you think this is something you can do, let me know and
I'll explain in private more detail about how this process works.

Seth