sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire bug ownership (help needed fixing known bugs) and release engineering integrators (help needed keeping up with guru fixes)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire bug ownership (help needed fixing known bugs) and release engineering integrators (help needed keeping up with guru fixes)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:41:34 -0700

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:39:45PM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> Le jeudi 20 juillet 2006 ? 10:06 -0700, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net a
> ?crit :

> > 40 graphics/disk
>
> A lot of bugs are already fixed in my sections, but this happened to
> late to be integrated into 0.4 iirc. I still wait for authorization to
> integrate them, but I suppose there are a lot of bugs in this case.
> Should these bugs be integrated in stable-rc(0.5) and stable (0.4) ?

If they do make it better, then yes, we will get them integrated before
the next release.

> Apart from the bugs fixed in test, almost all the others are not fixed
> because they are linked to x86_64 arch. I don't have such an
> architecture and therefore I think I can't fix them. I was wondering, is
> this possible with Xen or whatever to have such a virtual machine ?

This is possible, if, say I gave you a Xen install on my x86_64 box.

Don't consider them high priority items for yourself. Those with x86_64
boxes can help contribute fixes for them to you. x86_32 should still be
doable with proper SMGL_COMPAT_ARCH hacking (you don't need x86_64 to
test that).

Seth