sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] git, test grimoire, ...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] git, test grimoire, ...
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:59:43 -0500

On Jun 20, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:21:04AM +0200, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I am really confused with last SCM changes.
> > Why there is only rare traffic in sm-commit?

All commits should be showing up there. Some people still haven't asked
for git accounts, others I think are still reading about it.

> > I know p4 is closed now. Can we use git for all grimoire?

Short answer, yes.

> > I know there were several changes in git (udev 094, rhythmbox 0.9.5, man
> > 1.6d, ...) but current test grimoire still contains old versions (for
> > example man was updated on 17.6.).

The update scripts were turned off during the transition; Arwed, can you
get the up again using the current git repo?

> > Why we have smgl/grimoire.git and smgl/grimoire/grimoire.git?
> > Which one should we use?
>
> smgl/grimoire.git is the testing repository we used so far,
> smgl/grimoire/grimoire.git is the full history p4 import. That import
> only goes up to what was in p4, the changes from smgl/grimoire.git still
> need to get imported.
> So, smgl/grimoire/games.git and smgl/grimoire/z-rejected.git are live,
> sgml/grimoire/grimoire.git isn't yet, changes to the normal grimoire
> should probably still go to smgl/grimoire.git until it gets imported
> (Jeremy, please correct me if I'm wrong there).

You are correct. I'm going to try to get this all done this week yet, but
people should be able to do work fine right now.