sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 00:34:03 +0200

You don't have to 'answer' it as it'll default to what is already
installed/selected. If you don't like hitting "ENTER" Yet Another Time
you can lower your PROMPT_DELAY (or even set it to "0" to skip all
questions).

Yea, I usually press ENTER several time. Problem is that this n-th ENTER also works with new questions/providers so I do not know what I really set.
The same problem is with PROMPT_DELAY. If I set it to "0" I have no possibility to set/answer new questions/providers.
BTW, why "cast -r -c spell" remembers last settings. I remember the time
when "cast -r -c" was the same as it was for the first time I cast the
spell.
Now it remember my settings.
For example I prefered devel version of spell, now I would like to run
stable version and "cast -r -c" proposes devel version even the default
version is stable.
It defaults to what you last chose, -r just lets you choose again
rather than skipping persistent variables (e.g. from config_query).

IMHO it is really confusing for our users.
Is there some possibility to cast the spell with "really defaults" settings (same as it was for the first time)?

--
Ladislav Hagara