sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] prometheus works, volunteers to run it requested

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] prometheus works, volunteers to run it requested
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:02:40 -0700

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 10:47 am, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> On Apr 19, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> > Jason Flatt wrote:
> > >
> > > Should I add this channel to the Contact Us page [0]? Is it going to
> > > be a permanent or temporary addition?
> > >
> > > [0] http://www.sourcemage.org/contact
> >
> > We have a channel for every team, but now that PR and QA are gone (being
> > merged back into other teams) they can still be used if the respective
> > teams want, or we can merge/remove those channels. I think it depends on
> > the amount of chatting related to that subject. If there is a lot of QA
> > talk going on at certain times we may want a channel for it, otherwise
> > they can use #sourcemage.

Neither #sourcemage-qa nor #sourcemage-pr are listed on the contact page. It
seems as though the first is not really valid, and I didn't know the second
existed. I'll go ahead and add #sourcemage-pr and #sourcemage-quality.

> If we had a separate #sourcemage-grimoire the prometheus talk would
> probably belong there but we don't, so it probably makes sense to spin at
> least that part off to a -quality channel. There's been a lot of
> prometheus chatter at least recently.
>
> I've also still been auto-joining #sourcemage-security though I guess I'm
> the only one.

IIRC, there used to be a #sourcemage-grimoire, but it got depricated because
everyone used #sourcemage instead.

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.