sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] prometheus works, volunteers to run it requested

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] prometheus works, volunteers to run it requested
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:47:45 -0500

On Apr 19, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> Jason Flatt wrote:
> > On Sunday 16 April 2006 02:33 pm, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> >> I can also answer any questions about the code in case somebody wants to
> >> help improve it. I know all the languages used in it (expect/perl/bash)
> >> decently. My nick is "swoolley" and use
> >> irc://irc.freenode.net/sourcemage-quality or just enter irc.freenode.net
> >> joined to channel #sourcemage-quality.
> >
> > Should I add this channel to the Contact Us page [0]? Is it going to be
> > permanent or temporary addition?
> >
> > [0] http://www.sourcemage.org/contact
>
> We have a channel for every team, but now that PR and QA are gone (being
> merged back into other teams) they can still be used if the respective
> teams want, or we can merge/remove those channels. I think it depends on
> the amount of chatting related to that subject. If there is a lot of QA
> talk going on at certain times we may want a channel for it, otherwise
> they can use #sourcemage.

If we had a separate #sourcemage-grimoire the prometheus talk would
probably belong there but we don't, so it probably makes sense to spin at
least that part off to a -quality channel. There's been a lot of
prometheus chatter at least recently.

I've also still been auto-joining #sourcemage-security though I guess I'm
the only one.