sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] prometheus works, volunteers to run it requested

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] prometheus works, volunteers to run it requested
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:12:08 -0500

seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> Prometheus is working good enough to do basic spell checking for me on
> my dual opteron, but it needs some modifications to do more advanced
> query answering. I suggest anybody who wants to get prometheus setup on
> some boxes join me in #sourcemage-quality and I'll try to get you guys
> setup in chroots, maybe even some xen containers (I don't really use xen
> myself but there should be people there who have).
>
> I can also answer any questions about the code in case somebody wants to
> help improve it. I know all the languages used in it (expect/perl/bash)
> decently. My nick is "swoolley" and use
> irc://irc.freenode.net/sourcemage-quality or just enter irc.freenode.net
> joined to channel #sourcemage-quality.

Well, with help from swoolley, I've gotten a prometheus running inside a
xen machine. After getting past a few wierdnesses, it works great :)

There's already bugs from me, although my xen machine is only a 2ghz
celery, not a dual opteron, so they come a lot slower ;)

--
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
Source Mage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein

- Arthur C. Clarke