sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] bzr for grimoire work

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pieter Lenaerts <e-type AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] bzr for grimoire work
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:17:37 +0100

so, since p4 is down (sense the irony) I started testing bzr.

first step was to get a central server ready. I went to the david's wiki
page on bzr, followed his pointer to the bzr wiki for the server style,
and noticed what they say there: "Can fall down under high loads"

so what bzr basically requires is a server that accepts emails with
patches to the grimoire, with a bot that processes these patches and
performs the merges on the central repository there.

imo this is a very bad practice. i'd say bzr won't let itself be used as
a centralized repository and be scalable...

--
Pieter Lenaerts
Source Mage GNU/Linux

http://www.sourcemage.org
"Linux so advanced it may well be magic"