sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:47:11 -0600

On Mar 09, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> <snip>
> > In connection with this vote I move that the QA and Security Teams be
> > dissolved, with their respective responsibilities falling to the relevant
> > areas. ie, the Grimoire Team would be responsible for their own security
> > updates and releases, same with the ISO and Sorcery Teams, etc. We don't
> > have the people to keep up on all of these teams, and at least until we do
> > I think it's more appropriate for each "product" team to handle their own
> > security patches and releases. If someone agrees I'd ask them to second
> > this motion, and then I'd ask the PL to judge how best to make a decision
> > inside the timeframe of the Grimoire Lead vote.
> <snip>
>
> If the other TLs see no objection to this (including Seth, since we'd
> be disolving his position ;)) then we make it so.

I want to resolve this before the vote starts, since it directly impacts
the role of the Grimoire Lead, so...

Seth, Arwed, Andrew*, and David have all weighed in with support for this.
That's not quite everyone, but it's all the code-releasing components, and
they're the ones that would be most affected. Barring any of the other
Leads objecting, I'm going to call "motion carried" and we'll go into the
Grimoire Lead vote with this in mind.

(Who says we never manage to decide anything? ;-)

* via IRC:
<afrayedknot> sorcery has been handling its own security and qa for quite
some time
<afrayedknot> so i dont have a problem with disolving said teams