sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:51:42 -0600

On Mar 07, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
> According to our voting process[0] the Grimoire Team Lead position is
> open for nominations. :) Nominations start from this e-mail and will
> end on March 17, 2006 around noon PDT.
>
> As I may not have network activity during that week Jeremy (emrys) or
> one of the other Leads (other than Arwed ;)) will probably close the
> nominations and open the voting (assuming we need to vote).

I will be traveling among my kids' grandparents 3/16-3/29. I should have
network access but don't know what kind of time I'll have. I'll do what I
can.

> Keep in mind voting requires your vote to be signed with your GPG key
> listed on our keysigning page[1]. Nominations currently do not require
> voting, though we may as well require all vote-related e-mails to be
> GPG signed, IMO. ;)
>
> Nominations are sent to sm-discuss, to be seconded by a current
> developer[2] (other than the nominee), and the nominee has one week
> from his/her nomination to accept, otherwise they're assumed to
> decline.

In connection with this vote I move that the QA and Security Teams be
dissolved, with their respective responsibilities falling to the relevant
areas. ie, the Grimoire Team would be responsible for their own security
updates and releases, same with the ISO and Sorcery Teams, etc. We don't
have the people to keep up on all of these teams, and at least until we do
I think it's more appropriate for each "product" team to handle their own
security patches and releases. If someone agrees I'd ask them to second
this motion, and then I'd ask the PL to judge how best to make a decision
inside the timeframe of the Grimoire Lead vote.

With that in mind I nominate Seth Woolley for the position of Grimoire Lead
and ask that any canidates include in their remarks specific details of how
they would manage security and release updates for the Grimoire, whether
the QA and Security Teams are kept or not.