sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:17:36 -0600

On Mar 09, Mathieu L. [lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net] wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 03:51:42PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > In connection with this vote I move that the QA and Security Teams be
> > dissolved, with their respective responsibilities falling to the relevant
> > areas. ie, the Grimoire Team would be responsible for their own security
> > updates and releases, same with the ISO and Sorcery Teams, etc. We don't
> > have the people to keep up on all of these teams, and at least until we do
> > I think it's more appropriate for each "product" team to handle their own
> > security patches and releases. If someone agrees I'd ask them to second
> > this motion, and then I'd ask the PL to judge how best to make a decision
> > inside the timeframe of the Grimoire Lead vote.
>
> I like this idea, I think it's worth being thought about. Dunno for QA,
> but it sounds really valid to me for security issues.
> Except that say some security hole comes up for one of the spells I'm
> responsible, I'm not sur I'd know how to deal with it. So then, to whom
> should I ask help about that, the Grimoire lead?

It would just be the Grimoire Lead's responsibility to make sure security
updates to spells happened in a timely manner. Whether they wanted to help
the regular gurus do this or have a few security-specific gurus or delegate
it all to a particular security assistant or do something else would be up
to them.