sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire Team Lead vote
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:11:24 +0100

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 03:51:42PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:

<snip>

> In connection with this vote I move that the QA and Security Teams be
> dissolved, with their respective responsibilities falling to the relevant
> areas. ie, the Grimoire Team would be responsible for their own security
> updates and releases, same with the ISO and Sorcery Teams, etc. We don't
> have the people to keep up on all of these teams, and at least until we do
> I think it's more appropriate for each "product" team to handle their own
> security patches and releases. If someone agrees I'd ask them to second
> this motion, and then I'd ask the PL to judge how best to make a decision
> inside the timeframe of the Grimoire Lead vote.

I like this idea, I think it's worth being thought about. Dunno for QA,
but it sounds really valid to me for security issues.
Except that say some security hole comes up for one of the spells I'm
responsible, I'm not sur I'd know how to deal with it. So then, to whom
should I ask help about that, the Grimoire lead?

--
"Monde de merde."
Georges Abitbol.