sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udex rules not working right

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udex rules not working right
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:03:00 +0100

Hi,

I had the same problem, shame on me that I forgot to write the solution
here. I think that it's udev bug, it started to behave like this in
build 72 I think.

> This is the third machine in a row that the udev rules are not working
> correctly.
>
> The /dev/null is getting set to 600 instead of 666. Also none of the
> MODE changes I put in 00-local.rules gets set.

Not only /dev/null, also all other devices in my case ( zero, urandom,
random from the top of my head ).

> The oly way I can get things to work is to comment out the first rule
> KERNEL="*", OWNER="root" GROUP="root", MODE="0600"

Exactly, commenting out this line helps me also. It's strange, since
null is described later in the file.

KERNEL=="null", NAME="%k", MODE="0666"

I would suppose that the more specific rule would be used instead of the
general one, but that's just my guess.

> And then make all my other MODE changes in 50-default.rules

You mean that adding new rules file (like
/etc/udev/rules.d/80-local.rules ) does not work for you ?

--
neuron