sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udex rules not working right

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udex rules not working right
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:59:38 +0100

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 02:10:32PM +0100, Pieter Lenaerts wrote:
> Op di, 10-01-2006 te 13:43 +0100, schreef neuron:
> > Hi Pieter,
> >
> > I'm just curios, if you comment out
> >
> > KERNEL=="*", OWNER="root" GROUP="root", MODE="0600"
> >
> > in /etc/udev/rules.d/50-default.rules
> >
> > and run udevstart, does it fix the access mode for ttyUSB* ?
>
> ARRR!! yes it does, and the group gets assigned correctly too :)
> I thought commenting that line out would screw things
>
> so that pins it down to why that rule overrides my rule?

Good, there seems to be known workaround :) Could you please file new
bug for the udev spell ? The line should not be neccessary anyway, since
default owner, group and mode are set in /etc/udev/udev.conf

> and why does the spell install /etc/udev owned by 'pieter' instead of
> root?

No idea, I can't reproduce it (with devel sorcery). Could you try
casting udev as root ("su -" before "cast -c udev") and as a regular
user ? Are the permissions wrong in both cases ? And then perhaps also
file second bug ? I'm not sure if it's udev spell or sorcery fault, but
I think that blaming udev first is better, we will shift the bug as
neccessary.

Thank you

--
neuron