sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] drive usage question

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Geoffrey Derber" <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] drive usage question
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 2:22:31 -0000

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue that I'm not sure of the cause or solution. I
was hoping someone might have an insite.

I have a dedicated /home partition on my system. When I run 'df -h' the
information printed says I've used 6GB of 18GB. When I run 'du -sh /home'
It says I've used 1.6GB. Thats a big difference. Why is there that
difference? What can cause this? The file system is ext3, lost+found is
empty.

How do I even tell which is the accurate one?

Thanks,
Geoff

Sorry about the 'reply to'. Again, stupid webmail. It's all I have access
to at this point.